Monday, March 03, 2008

Taking Charge

I realize that my sappy emotional crap is probably bringing everyone down. It's a catch-22 I face when I write about it. It's part of what I'm observing in my life right now, and I feel I should document that somehow. Plus, the bits of feedback I get on those posts *do* help in a positive and constructive way.

On the other hand, the sappy emotional crap is the same sappy emotional crap (for the most part) that everyone faces, and no one wants to relive or be reminded of it.

I will be OK. This is temporary and I'm going to find healthy ways of dealing with it. Hopefully I'll come out a better, stronger, healthier, more compassionate person at the end.

I made a goal yesterday. I decided I wasn't going to check the crazy ex's blog anymore after yesterday. I wanted to check it when I was on MySpace tonight but I refrained. Soon I'll forget that he even writes (until he pulls the next psycho stunt). I honestly hope that I never hear from him again.

As for the guy I'm crushing on, I'm going to be busy for the next three weeks. I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean, but I know that it will mean that folding my laundry and doing dishes will be more important than spending time with him. He probably won't come around, but I like him and I truly believe at his core that he is a good person. Maybe he's just too immature or selfish right now to realize what his behavior is doing to me (and it's not all his fault - I've let him behave the way he does and not have the self-respect to call him on it).

2 comments:

The Wordpecker said...

If you're feeling sappy, write sappy and then consider those posts little buckets of sap...from which you must extract life's syrup. (OMG that's so corny BUT it's nearly spring, couldn't help myself. tee hee hee):)

Diane Lowe said...

Hey. . . .I like corny sometimes!

And it *is* nearly spring, and the weather here is getting soooo gorgeous!

I was talking to a friend about the crazy ex yesterday, and he told me, "You know, you could look at it as, 'I'm sooo beautiful, and sooo awesome, that he just can't get over me and can't help sending energy my way! I _totally_ f***ed the guy up!'" While I don't think that's the "right" attitude to have, it definitely cheered me up and helped me look at the situation in a different light.