Monday, December 26, 2005

Now I Remember

The next time someone asks me why I dislike Utah so much, I can just relate to them what happened today.
It was a windy afternoon, with a little rain and a dusting of snow. Because of this "severe weather", the power goes out. For five hours.
Someone please either update my definition of "severe weather", which is probably closer to what Butte, Montana defines "severe weather" as, or explain to me why the power in Southern Utah goes out whenever the weather gods sneeze in Utah's general direction.

I do believe, in all my young years spent in Butte, the power was out once. For a short time. And I think that Butte's weather is much more "severe" than anything Cedar City, Utah has experienced. They should invite Utah Power stockholders to go up to Butte during a snowstorm or arctic chill when temperatures drop to -30 or so.

That is some severe weather.

No comments: