Thursday, December 22, 2005

The Ups and Downs of Being Back in Utah

I made it. That's all that we can really say happened.
The flights went smoothly, and other than a 5 hour layover in Salt Lake City I have nothing to complain about.

But, the best thing is that grades are up on Orediggerweb. I earned 'A's in Literature of Decadence and British Literature (my Decadence prof almost never gives out 'A's and I crapped out on the British Literature final), which was a pleasant surprise. I earned an 'A' in my Intermediate Writing course, which was to be expected. And I earned a 'C' in my I&C course, which I'm insanely happy with. The I&C gods have been appeased.

You may think that a 'C' isn't that great, but you weren't there; you didn't take the course! I'm just happy that, if all goes well, I'll be all set to graduate in May.

My parents also decided to drive back to Utah today, but they haven't made it home just yet. I appreciate their effort to see me when I'm here.

And. . . it was reported to me that the current temperature in Cedar City is 52 degrees. Very balmy compared to the -20s that it was in Butte this past weekend. Break out the short shorts and the skirts!

Give me a few days here and I promise I will be back to my cynical, grumpy self that emerges whenever I have an extended stay in Utah.

No comments: