Friday, December 02, 2005

Top Ten Movies I Want To See This Winter

Aeon Flux: Charlize Theron in a sci-fi. Do I need to say anything else?
Good Night and Good Luck: Black and White movies rock. And I like political thrillers.
Memoirs of a Geisha: Yes, it will suck ass. (Being a bastardization of a bastardization of Japanese culture) But I'm all about Gong Li and beautiful cinematography.
Syriana: I'm also all about the seedy life of a field CIA agent.
The Chronicles of Narnia: the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe: I'm a sucker for nerdy book adaptations. And I refuse to see anything else Peter Jackson makes (Kong, this winter) except for the extended editions of the Lord of the Rings trilogies. And even those were fucked up.
Corpse Bride: I love Tim Burton movies too. I wanted to see this when it was out in theaters, but never made it. Guess I'll have to hope for an early DVD release.
The Ice Harvest: Dark comedy with John Cusack AND Connie Neilsen? Too cool.
The New World: With eye-candy like Christian Bale and Colin Farrell. And it looks semi-accurate.
The Interpreter: Yeah, so I rented it already. But we were sleepy and it was being intelligent so we turned it off. Besides, I don't know how you can successfully followup The Nightmare Before Christmas.
Chinatown: Is it my fault there's crap in theaters? Besides, I've never seen it before, and I've heard it's good. I never said they had to be NEW movies.

No comments: