Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Restaurant Review - Mr. Noodle

There's a place on Broxton, not far from UCLA, called Mr. Noodle. Here they serve delicious Thai food on the cheap - I had dinner last night for under $10 ($11 after tip)- and the servers are very friendly and recognize you after a few visits. Their portions are probably average for a Thai place - about the same as Thai Dishes.

I really like Thai iced tea (although it's probably worse than Starbucks, health-wise), and these guys make a good one: not too much "instant tea" flavor, and very creamy. It can be sweet, however.

I recommend their Chicken Pad Thai (which is served with delicious peanut sauce, topped with more chopped peanuts!), and their Chicken Yellow Curry, which I had last night. I would say their menu is as Americanized as Thai Dishes.

Service is very quick, and they're rarely packed unless there's a movie premiere going on. I recommend bringing cash if you're just feeding yourself; they charge a small surcharge on all credit-card transactions under $15.

Mr. Noodle
936 Broxton Ave, Los Angeles, CA
(310) 208-7808

No comments: