Monday, May 07, 2007

Six Flags Magic Mountain!

I had a totally great date Friday night. The company I work for (in conjunction with a few other companies) was holding a private party at Six Flags Magic Mountain Friday night after work, so I was able to get tickets for about 1/3 normal prices, there were relatively short lines and we didn't have to pay for parking! Economically speaking, we were already ahead of the curve.

The drive up to Magic Mountain wasn't that great, since it was at rush hour, but you can't complain about an extra 90 minutes to talk with someone you care for. We ate at the In'N'Out near the park (I have yet to blog an ode to In'N'Out, but trust me, it's fantastic) and got to Six Flags about the time they opened it up for the company party.

How old am I again? 24? My sweetheart and I ran around the park like we were 10 years old. It was fabulous! We got to ride Superman and Viper twice in a row (I don't even think I left my seat for one of the rides), and most of the lines were relatively short. The longest line was for Déjà Vu, and even that was about a half-hour. We didn't go on Tatsu or X because the lines were really long.

I think the consensus for the "best rollar coaster" was for Goliath, although Riddler's Revenge and Colossus were pretty good. The newest ride we went on was Scream!. Ninja was having some problems when we were waiting in line for it, so we didn't go on that. Goldrusher was the first rollarcoaster we went on and it's a pretty good "warm up" coaster. Batman: The Ride was pretty good, if short. I recommend waiting the extra time to get a first or second row seat, and definitely go at night.

About half-way through the night we took a break to share a funnel cake from the funnel cake shop. There's nothing like devouring a strawberry-sauce-soaked fried pastry with your hands with someone you love.

No comments: