Tuesday, August 07, 2007

I Ran A Stop Light

On my way home I ran a stop light. This is the beginning of a bad analogy.

I feel sad about it (running the stop light, not the bad analogy).

Everyone says that, logically, I shouldn't feel sad about it, and that it's probably a good thing (especially since I didn't hit anyone) that I ran it to begin with. I told you this was a bad analogy.

Logically, I even know that it's probably OK that I ran it. I don't know why logic isn't tied to emotion. Is it a poor design or a feature?

I still feel sad about it. Only a couple friends seem to think that it's OK for me to feel sad, even though logically I shouldn't feel sad.

Most of my friends seem frustrated that I'm still sad.

Please let me be sad, if only for a little while. It's not good to hide emotions, and I'm tougher than anyone thinks. My running a red light won't break me.

Maybe I won't be sad tomorrow.

No comments: