Thursday, October 18, 2007

Floating on Cloud Nine

This is a narcissistic post. You've been warned.

I was at the gym yesterday and noticed something when I got on the treadmill to do my run/walk.

I don't have time to go to the gym every day so I do a combined lift-and-run on Mondays and Wednesdays, and then usually do a combined workout on Saturday and a run only on Sunday. I've only been following this schedule for a couple weeks.

Anyway, I was wearing a slim-cut t-shirt yesterday at the gym - it's made out of cotton and not one of the sweat-wicking fabrics, so I took it off because it wouldn't have been comfortable to run in. So I'm running in a sports bra and shorts.

At the gym I go to there's a wall of mirrors in front of the cardio machines (in front of probably 80% of the equipment there, actually). While I was running I noticed that the muscles in my shoulders and upper arms looked really defined, and that made me feel good about myself. I noticed that about my legs, too, but to a lesser extent.

I was with a fellow recently and he mentioned he really liked my tummy, which is, in my opinion, the part of me that needs the most work. It's where my body likes to store fat (as opposed to the hips/thighs like for most women), and I think it's the body part that makes me most self-conscious. That made me feel really good, because this guy is saying, "not only I accept what you consider to be your biggest physical flaw, but I dig it!"

At any rate, it does good things for the ego.

I've been doing a lot of good things for myself, taking care of myself better. I think it's showing. I'm really leading a full life and I have this little sweet thing going on with a fellow; it's like that perfect cup of coffee and tidbit of dessert after a fantastic meal - he just really makes my day. Everything is in it's place and I'm starting to get concerned it might stagnate there. Maybe that won't be a bad thing - who knows?

2 comments:

don said...

You go!

Diane Lowe said...

Thanks Don!