Saturday, October 06, 2007

Livin' La Vida Solo

I hit a roadbump this morning on my way to Single Female Liberation.

Mainly, how do you, uh, satisfy certain desires, without the aid of a 2nd party?

I don't have an answer. So sorry if you came here looking for one. If you have an answer that does not involve electricity-operated devices, please let me know.

I don't want to be in a relationship right now. Last week proved that to me. But now I want to know what I'm supposed to do with all of that. How does one remain adequately socialized without sacrificing essentials like sleep and food? What's the best work-out plan to quickly sculpt the perfect female form?

What will become more pressing is, how does a single girl move all of her "stuff" and furniture across town? I hope my dear friends who I've recently rediscovered/noticed will step up to the challenge.

I still don't know if I can have children. What does this mean when put into context of WTF I'm supposed to be doing here on Earth?

I still like the idea of getting married to someone someday. But right now, and as far as my short-term future (next five years) is concerned, I can't have someone I can't depend on drag me down.

That sounds really bad. But I've been somewhat stupid in my relationships, and until I get smarter (and until the boys get smarter), I have no business putting my time and energy that would be put towards things for me (like a higher degree or a promotion) into someone who isn't going to deliver.

I'm way off the meet market. This auction closed unsold.

1 comment:

don said...

I don' know the best workout, but I have to go with the bike.

And it's more than just a workout. It takes you from one place, and puts you in another.