Monday, October 29, 2007

The Huntington

My ex-boyfriend took a girl to the Huntington Library the other day for their first date. Apparently they had a good time.

I begged him for months to take me and he never did.

I wonder what I did wrong.

Now I can't go alone because seeing some place like that alone is a shitty experience (I tried that with the aquarium), and I've never been good at getting anyone to take me anywhere, even when I ask nicely and tell them it would be something that would make me happy. None of my friends like doing any of the things I like doing either. Maybe I need new friends. I need to find better fellows.

So I'm royally screwed in this situation. I won't be able to go to the Huntington until the mental association with him passes.

How come I'm the one who's always left hurting? What awful thing did I do in a previous life to enjoy getting treated poorly by every fellow I've ever had the poor luck to know?

2 comments:

don said...

Clearly you planted the idea in his head. It confirms my feeling about him, and it's his loss. He will soon run out of ideas.

If I were there, I'd take you to the symphony. I was wondering if LA was civilized enough to actually have a symphony, but I see that they are.

Diane Lowe said...

The symphony would be lovely! :)

I think I'm going to take myself to the LA County Art Museum this weekend - they have a Salvador Dali exhibit that I'd like to see.

What feeling did you have about him? You can e-mail it to me.

I wonder what I need to do to attract non-controlling guys that like to go see museums and gardens and stuff like that. I wonder what I'm doing wrong.

I wish I didn't have to cry at night about this anymore. I thought I was done with all that.