Saturday, September 17, 2005

Life Bytes

My favourite new drink is the Amaretto Sour, which I tried the other night when an old school pal offered to buy me a drink. I told him to surprise me, and I was pleasantly surprised. Something about the combination of almond flavour and carbonated water and alcohol.

I was able to finally use my calling card for its intended purpose the same night as well. I had some printed up because I thought it would be more classy to hand a fellow a pretty card with my name and phone number on it than it would to scribble the same information on a cocktail napkin.

The Career Fair was disappointing. Of course, I knew it would be for me, since employers that specialize in national security other than the military were absent from the Fair. But it was nice to chat it up with my cousin's boss, who gave me some pointers and took my resume anyway.

I've been debating whether or not I should take this extra history course next semester and get a Liberal Studies minor. Which would be nice, but I'm not sure I really want to sit through a 3000 or 4000 level history course. I'm not even sure if I'd have the pre-reqs for it, unless it was on American History or a Special Topics course or something.

I've offered to model for a photographer in Missoula, which should end up being an interesting experience. At the very least, I'll get some prints from the shoot.

I was going to go to the Tech-Minot game today, but it was yucky out so I opted to stay inside and catch up on reading Literature. A half-hour into it, I took a nap that lasted the entire game. Must have needed the sleep.

No comments: