Friday, January 06, 2006

I Hate It When I Can't Sleep

Whenever I visit my parents, invariably my sleep schedule gets seriously whacked. I don't know if it's my room being seriously dusty (the whole house is dusty, thanks to the wind blowing all the time and Dad insisting on using a coal stove for heat), keeping me awake, or that I catch up on my sleep and then serious insomnia sets in, or a combination of both.

Therefore, since Cedar City tends to roll up the streets around 2100 (that's 9:00 PM), and the sleeping isn't happening, I've decided to complain about the not sleeping.

Besides blogging, I've also started a pre-moving project for my parents. I've purged both my library and my wardrobe (I can't believe I used to be a size six. . . what have I been eating since high school?!?) of "stuff" to minimize the amount of stuff my parents get to move. They have enough stuff of their own to move, why should I force them to move stuff that I'm just going to get rid of anyway?

When I moved to go to college, my parents decided to take over my room. Which normally I'm fine with, because I'm not visiting my parents the majority of the time. But somewhere along the line, my stuff and their stuff started to mingle. And sorting through all that is frustrating.

I can't wait until I get back to Butte. I have major plans that need to get implemented regarding my apartment.

No comments: