Monday, January 23, 2006

Shopping For Racquetball

Because it was the only time I could get away from the whole school-to-home-and-back again schedule, I went shopping for my racquetball class this morning.

I ended up dumping more money than I wanted to spend on a racquet. . . hopefully it was worth the money.

If you've ever purchased a container of racquetballs, did you ever wonder why they have that foil "sealed for freshness" cover? Who knows; maybe racquetballs are what the Smurfs eat.

Even inexpensive athletic shoes are not economically priced for the starving college student. (Really, $60 isn't too bad to pay for some basketball/court shoes, but think about how much pizza that could buy) Why couldn't my running shoes be white-soled!?

What else did I do today? Went to class, did research and printed out way too much stuff for my History paper (which is on U.S.-Taiwan relations) and now I'm taking a moment's breath before my night class on Fantastic Literature. After my night class, I'm headed to Albertsons' to buy food for the week. I admit, I'm really buying food so I can make the most impressive baked chicken for F tomorrow night, but don't tell anyone. It's a secret.

And this is only Monday.

No comments: