Sunday, January 08, 2006

It's All About "Choice"

I just read that uber-Mormon Larry Miller broke his licensing agreement and had "Brokeback Mountain" pulled from his cineplex in Jordan, Utah (Miller also owns the Utah Jazz). The film, which I've never seen although I'm very curious about it (I'm always curious about controversial stuff, anyway), has maybe 30 seconds of what a normal straight person would find disconcerting to see (from what I've read). Reviews I've read by both movie critics and normal people on the web have also stated that the movie is more about societal norms and social repression, as well as being a universal film in many ways.
Just to stick it to "the Man", I might just have to rent the film when it makes it to DVD (since I'm sure its run in Butte is over, and I'll be damned if I'm going to spend $7 to see it here) and come up with my own movie review.

I have so much choice here to operate my free agency on it's scary.

No comments: