Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Bricked iPod

I bricked my iPod a few weeks ago at the gym. I was running on a treadmill that didn't have a secure place for water bottles, keys, etc. and the iPod made a happy dive onto the treadmill belt.

It seemed OK until I tried to upload music to it a few days later, and it's been very sad ever since. I even tried to reformat the disk and everything.

One of my friends from work pointed me to this NY Times article about a blog post that may contain magic information that will get the iPod working again.

I'm actually not opposed to buying a new iPod (I've been looking at the iPod shuffle, since I mostly use my iPod at the gym and the clip-on functionality is kind of cool), but I need a better computer to run the latest-and-greatest version of iTunes, signifying a greater investment than I feel comfortable with right now. On the other hand, I could always dig up old software and try that with new hardware, but that is a daunting path to take.

Anyway, I'm going to try this insert-business-card method this weekend and see if it works. If not, I'm out an hour and a business card.

No comments: