Monday, November 12, 2007

The Same Mistake

This song is really touching to me for some reason. I listen to it on repeat sometimes.

I'm not sure how pathological that is. I feel like I may glean some additional knowledge from Blunt's words.

I feel like my life is like this song sometimes. Some nights I just can't get to sleep, and I'm not sure what the reason for that must be. And there are no stars that I can see.

I feel like my love life is going in circles. I don't know how to break out of the cycle.

My ex-boyfriend doesn't want to feel bad. My best friend here wants to be "right", whatever that means. They both say they're worried about me.

I'm starting to think I'm ruled out of compassion, even if I'm not completely altruistic. I'm also starting to think that's a rarity in this world. If either of them were so worried about me they wouldn't be so busy trying to "not feel bad" or "be right" about my situation. I'm really annoyed by that.

I feel like everyone is selfish and everyone else's selfishness trumps my selfishness, every time.

Everyone has their problems.
And maybe someday we will meet,
and maybe talk, and not just speak

walk out the door and up the street
look at the stars
look at the stars fall down
and wonder where did I go wrong?

3 comments:

don said...

That's a nice song,.. but I don't get the part where they lick his face.

The Wordpecker said...

Wow. I feel this way too. I'm in the same relationship I was in when I was 16 and then again when I was 18 except this time it started when I was 23, and there was a party and I wore a white dress for a day. Oh yeah and this time I ended up with 2 great kids!

Lately I feel like I have no business being in a relationship with anyone else. Strangely, this doesn't make me feel sad...

Diane Lowe said...

I know that feeling too!

I don't think my relationships are exactly the same, but I do think there's a thematic arc I have yet to break.

I don't know how I feel about relationships anymore. I want it, but I don't want the soul-suicide I think I've committed in my relationships.

I need to find myself. And I can't do that when I'm involved with someone.