Monday, November 14, 2005

On Monday Productivity

There's something about winter weather that makes me want to spend the entire day curled up on a couch or in a bed reading books or magazines. I will admit: driving in the snow or on ice sucks big time, and yes, it does get cold in Butte.

While I was up last night, not sleeping, I made a list of ten things that I needed to get done today. And so far, I've only accomplished one of those things. (Getting my hair trimmed) But, I also found a Christmas goodie for my roommate (no, I'm not telling you what it is, because she's a reader of the blog), and finally got around to get a replacement wallet (which I must say is an improvement over what I was using).

I half-way got the spring semester registration thing done, because I did go see my advisor and we did talk about my classes, and I did get that prized alternate PIN number so I can register myself.

I don't know why it's so difficult to return that book I borrowed from the Tech library, either. I don't walk by the building at all during my day, but how hard is it to just walk over and drop the damn book off?

And while I could be doing the other eight and a half things I need to get done today, here I am, blogging away. I'd like to say that if it was sunny outside, or warm, or the library was closer to where I hang out at Tech, I would be more productive, but I kind of doubt that.

The hardest part of the whole productivity thing is getting started. Once that first little bit of forward motion is made, the rest is (relatively) easy.

No comments: