Sunday, June 17, 2007

Hair Trimmings

Based on a recommendation, I went to Taka Hair Salon for a trim and protein treatment yesterday. I had no idea a salon experience could be so fantastic.

Traffic was truly horrific and I was 20 minutes late. When I called the salon to tell them I would be late, the receptionist was super friendly and very understanding. When I got to the salon, there was zero parking and I had to park at a different parking lot. When I explained the situation to the receptionist, she was very sweet and invited me to double-park in the salon's parking lot, leave their business card on my windshield and told me that their valet would be there shortly and take care of the matter. (Turns out when I moved my car I was able to find parking.)

Nami, the cosmetologist who trimmed my hair, listened to what I wanted very carefully, told me very precisely what she was going to do and made sure that was OK with me, then proceeded to cut my hair. Whenever she applied a product she explained to me what was in the product and what it was supposed to do for my hair. She was also very helpful in recommending a protein treatment (and the take-home solution) that best suited my needs.

While we were waiting for the protein-and-amino-acid solution to soak into my hair, she offered me something to drink and brought several magazines for me to look at (in addition to the ones that were already at her booth).

I was completely blown away. This is what a $60 haircut is supposed to be like! Nami did a great job with my haircut - it really pays to go to someone who knows how to handle your hair type.

This month and next month they are having a special on hair treatments - so book your appointment today!

No comments: