Sunday, June 17, 2007

Restaurant Review - In'N'Out

Mmm. In'N'Out. There's nothing quite like the taste of an In'N'Out burger. (Quite obviously, this is my obligatory In'N'Out post - apparently there are a lot of them out there.)

I like the Double-Double served animal-style (grilled onions, pickles and "special sauce" added) with the bun extra-toasted, but I usually get the cheeseburger combo with the cheeseburger served animal-style with an extra-toasted bun. This is the epitome of fast food joints! A cholesterol kick will never get any more delicious than this!

In'N'Out is found all over Southern California and parts of Nevada and Arizona; I've heard they plan to expand to Southern Utah and Arizona as well. We'll see.

Their french fries are best right out of the fryer, with extra salt sprinkled on them, and everything is deliciously washed down with a strawberry milkshake. I've heard they'll make a Neapolitan milkshake, but I haven't tried this out yet.

Which reminds me, the In'N'Out restaurants have the most friendly staff I've ever seen in a fast food joint. Perhaps it's because they get treated well by the company they work for (you can start making $9.50 there). Regardless, they will make just about any change to their burgers they can possibly make. Protein-style (with a lettuce leaf instead of a bun), onions, no onions, extra pickles, no sauce, extra meat patty, extra cheese, the list could go on and on.

Mmmm. Delicious cheeseburger. Go get one today!

2 comments:

Travis Whitney said...

I must say that I can't stand In-n-Out burger. For some reason I always relate it to home-made burgers, but not as good. My vote is for Wendy's Big Bacon Classic or McDonald's Big Mac.

Let the chastisement begin...

/paranoidfr33k

Diane Lowe said...

I've heard Wendy's burgers are good - I think there's something in the fact they don't freeze their beef (that's what I've heard; I don't know if it's true or not). I don't actually frequent Wendy's.

I have a hard time eating my favorite Carl's Jr. burger (Western Bacon Cheeseburger) nowadays. I get really nauseous and feel bad because my body does not like what my taste buds like. I usually end up eating only half the burger. I suspect the same thing would happen if I tried to eat at Burger King or McDonald's.

So, I guess the other (perhaps real?) reason why I like In'N'Out is that their food doesn't make me sick.