Wednesday, June 20, 2007

L.A.'s Fashion District

Sunday afternoon I met a friend in L.A.'s Fashion District. I was hoping I could pick up the flower and heart patches for my Kaylee costume, but I had no luck. I did, however, find very pretty fabric on the cheap (5 yards of 60" sheer stuff for just over $20 - it would have cost me at least $30 if I had gone to JoAnn's, and it was higher quality stuff than what I would have found at JoAnn's).

The place is like Mexico but with fabric! My friend found a very cute Chivas USA jacket, which tempts me to find something similar myself. (Channeling my inner "sport chic" there) The whole experience firmly cemented in my mind that, with a little knowledge, you can literally find ANYTHING your heart desires in Los Angeles.

If you like to sew, stop by Michael Levine, on Maple. I definitely recommend parking in one of the $3-$7 parking lots; some of those streets look kind of shady to me. I would also recommend only bringing the cash you need with you; I definitely think it's possible to get pickpocketed here if you're not careful.

No comments: