Monday, June 11, 2007

Movie Review - A Scanner Darkly

I saw A Scanner Darkly this weekend. It was interesting. It's possibly the only Keanu Reeves film that I can tolerate, and only possibly because of the rotoscoping done to render the film in an visually fascinating, "comic-book" style. (Sorry; that's "graphic novel")

The pacing switches between fast and slow, and the dialogue is sometimes difficult to keep up with. I say read a summary of the movie before watching it.

The film becomes more appealing after viewing it, although I don't think I'll be seeing it again anytime soon. I recommend it for Woody Harrelson's performance alone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's the most closely tied to a book than any movie I've ever seen. I went and reread the book and it was right down to most of the dialog.