Monday, June 11, 2007

Movie Review - Serenity

I finished watching Firefly last week; last night I treated myself to Serenity. I have to admit that the film is probably much better if you've watched Firefly - otherwise you'll lack much-needed character and background information that's relevant to the film.

The plot was definitely movie-grade (a major problem with most TV-to-silver screen adaptations), although now I'd like to see the series revived to incorporate and expand on the new plot developments.

I wasn't particularly impressed with the movie's main antagonist, as I felt that Firefly had more intimidating recurring villains and that it would not be a problem to craft an ultimate evil for the Serenity crew to face.

I hear a new special edition DVD is slated to release in August. It's rumored it will contain the R. Tam Sessions, which, in my opinion, makes it worth waiting for.

1 comment:

Liseysmom said...

Very cool. I have the last episodes of Firefly right now from Netflix, then I'll have to make sure to get Serenity next!